Full-text transcription of the infographic:
Attracting quality talent and retaining top performers remains a struggle for employers. In early 2021, employers across the country were surveyed about various employment related topics, including attraction and retention, and roughly 150 employers responded. Their responses help provide insight into the many trending strategies used to attract and retain employees.
What Strategies Are Employers Using to Recruit Employees?
Employers are shifting to stronger recruitment strategies for a long-term remote or hybrid workplace setting.
58%—Expanding a presence on social media channels
50%—Offering an employee referral program
51%—Building a presence on job search websites
39%—Conducting virtual job interviews
What Are Employers Doing to Better Attract, Retain and Engage Employees?
Employers are exploring new and meaningful ways to appeal to and hold on to top talent.
40%—Offering more upskilling and development opportunities
45%—Offering greater workplace flexibility
38%—Expanding benefits offerings
Recruitment and Retention Strategies
As many challenges as there are for employers, there are just as many opportunities and fresh ways to approach the workplace and employee benefits. As we come out the other side of the pandemic, consider the following strategies to recruit and retain employees:
- Build a strong online presence. In addition to online reputation management, employers can interact with candidates on social media platforms and show off company interests and values.
- Provide meaningful benefits. Robust health care offerings may seem like a solution, but sometimes voluntary benefits and nontraditional perks are what employees crave.
- Expand hiring pools. Consider shifting positions to be telework-compatible.
- Ask for (and reward) referrals. Employees can be some of the best brand ambassadors and are likely connected to other strong workers.
- Use the right channels to post job openings. Most candidates search job websites to find out more about workplaces, culture and experiences. Also, if hiring for remote positions, focus on job boards and social networks dedicated to remote work.
- Look internally for talent. Focus on upskilling and retraining employees to support career growth.
The 2021 Attraction and Retention Benchmarking Overview is a portion of a larger survey conducted by Zywave for informational purposes. © 2021 Zywave, Inc. All rights reserved.